Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Down Under 2008




Chris recently visited Australia for 10 days! This first picture shows one of many beautiful clams that were all over the place. They were bigger than me!
This next picture is of a Minkie Whale. There were about 5 or 6 of them that followed us around. They were 20 - 30 feet long and really cool!


This was a sea snake that was fun to chase around. He didnt want much to do with us, but he was very poisonous.

This turtle was awesome! I captured some great video of him. His shell was beautiful and he didn't seem to mind us at all!



This was one of the coolest things I had ever seen. I don't really get it, but I think they are drafting off each other. Really cool picture! Do you like his teeth?


Had to do the handstand!
Oh, how cute!
5 kangaroos eating their lunch!
I was taught how to throw a boomerang. Watch out!!! They come back fast!















The natives taught me how to dance. Do you like my moves?


I found Nemo!!!!!!!

This was Nemos cousin. There were tons of clown fish in Australia. They were so beautiful!















Watch this cool video of me swimming in the middle of these yellow fish!



We saw several sharks on our dives. They were cool to follow around and watch, especially at night when it is pitch black and their eyes glow green when you shine your flash light on them!
The potato cod were amazing. They were huge and just like puppy dogs. They would brush up against you and werent afraid to push you out of the way. They dove with us for a long time, like they were our dive buddys!
This is a hairy ghost pipe fish. Does that look like a fish to you? I only saw one. Hope he has a mate!
This guy looked intimidating! He is a Coral Trout. I liked his teeth. You should have seen them up close!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

SO COOL!
I like the dance.

Brittany said...

I love the pictures, Chris! Seems like you had a great time...

Michelle, it was so good to see you on Sunday. We need to get together, soon...

Palmer Family said...

That is amazing, the things you saw first hand. I am with Melissa, I too like the dance!

Jeff and Sandy Gale said...

What beautiful pictures. The doctor I work for also dives with his wife & 2 boys. They just got back from Guam. I never get tired of seeing the underwater world. I wish I could dive. It looks like you had a great time.

Johnson Family said...

wow chris your trip looks amazing it is way cool that you had that amazing expierence. and of course like every one else loved the dance.

mindymerrihew said...

My husband wanted to go on this dive trip so bad. Maybe next time. It looks like you saw alot of neat things and had a great time.